Openings at Change.org Indonesia
Change.org has been in Indonesia for more than 5 years. Since June 2012, our user base have grown from under 10 thousand to more than 3.5 million people. And since then, we have seen our users win amazing self-organized campaigns starting from saving the forests, restoring voting rights, defending rights of the disabled, to protecting wildlife.
However, we have only scratched the surface of what is possible. We yearn to serve civil society members and regular citizens better in creating change on a daily basis.
To make this happen, we are trying to find people to join our Indonesian team. We need people that are creative, professional, and highly competent. But more importantly we are looking for people that are passionate about helping others create the change they they want to see.
Maybe people like you?
We offer competitive salaries, five weeks of paid leave, robust parental leave, and a high-impact, low-ego culture.
Below are the available positions.
As Finance/Operations Manager you will fully support the team in areas of logistics, accounting, and also provide basic legal and tax expertise for our entity in Indonesia. Specifically you will:
- Lead the team in setting goals for monthly and annual budget, and manage the execution of the budget
- Build and maintain the organization’s accounting records
- Manage and execute the team’s payroll including salaries, benefits, insurance, social security, and other associated payments on a timely manner
- Ensure that the organization’s taxes are submitted to regulatory authorities in the right amount, and paid on time
- Ensure that the organization’s operations comply with local/national laws
- Assist the team in day-to-day logistics as well as events
You will need to:
- Have advanced knowledge and skills in accounting, and intermediate to advanced knowledge and skills in tax, legal, and human resources.
- Have a minimum of two years experience in the field, preferably in the nonprofit sector.
- Be organized and highly detailed oriented
- Be well versed in online accounting tools, and comfortable with other online office tools
- Have a high level of self discipline
- Communicate well with external partners i.e. other nonprofits, vendors, government agencies
- Be fluent in both English both verbally and in writing
This role reports directly to the Country Director.
As Digital Storyteller you will assist petition starters, individuals, organizations in campaign strategy, content creation, and distribution to further and potentially win their campaigns. Specifically you will:
- Assist petition starters or partner organizations in developing campaign strategies.
- Create contents through means of multimedia that would tell their story effectively and build support from others. Contents will vary from an email text, a meme, an e-poster, a video, and others.
- Distribute those contents in the appropriate online tool, so that it reaches maximum potential viewers and support.
You will need to:
- Be able to tell a compelling story with great clarity
- Be well versed in online office tools
- Have a minimum of two years experience in campaign or communications field
- Have advanced skills in graphic design and well versed in tools such as Adobe Photoshop
- Have basic skills in video editing and tools such as Adobe Premiere
- Be able to develop a campaign strategy, as well as follow through on the execution
- Be fluent in English
- Have a general understanding of the socio-political landscape in Indonesia
This role reports directly to the Campaigns Manager.
If you think we’re describing you, and you’re interested in applying, please send your resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com by the 23rd of July, 23:59 PM.